Sunday, March 15, 2009

GBBD is my favorite day of the month

I am afraid I do not have much blooming right now but my petunia bag and my 'Spooky Mix' Dianthus. Today we FINALLY got some sunshine in Austin, and no rain. So, I dug a couple holes in the backyard and planted some stuff. I am going to be sore tomorrow. The soil here is basically clay/mud, so it was hard work digging holes for Echinops, candlestick plant, sage, and strawflower. The beds basically look like .... well not so good right now, but slowly I hope to finish digging them out and putting mulch down. I am so ecstatic for this spring.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

I read somewhere about adding lime to improve the workability of clay soil ..... cheers... happy gardening! ~ bangchik

Northern Shade said...

I notice that grape hyacinths are on your wishlist. I love these little bulbs, with their bright blue flowers. They are very easy to care for too. Maybe you could put them around a perennial that pops up later, and they could bloom before it comes up, or underplant a shrub with them.

Anonymous said...

Your spooky mix dianthus are amazing! :o)

Best wishes for a happy Easter.

TT

Diana said...

Samantha -- nice to find your blog. First I have to tell you that the Amaryllis from your previous post is just stunning. Wow. I'm so jealous. Spooky mix is an interesting name for those pretty Dianthus. Good luck with your gardening. Are you on our local bloggers google group? You can email me at dianackirby@gmail.com for more info if you'd like.

Annie in Austin said...

Those spooky Dianthus are strangely attractive - and your amaryllis are amazing, sjp8987.

Happy Blooming Day,

Annie at the Transplantable Rose