April 18. I bought three Arabian Nights Dahlia tubers at Home Depot and I was very skeptical about them because I read that they were hard to grow, that you couldn't grow them in pots, etc. But - they actually were not hard at all! Here is the result - It took less than 8 weeks I would say from planting to bloom. Maybe longer though - I am bad at estimating time.
This one isn't fully open, but I like the color
I'd like to take credit for being an expert Dahlia grower, but these really were VERY easy. Aside from the one pot I left in full sun (which almost died - don't do that) They've been basically on my front porch the whole time.

This is a pot with a plumeria in it, but I decided to plant a bunch of annuals as well. I can't wait until they all bloom. From left to right - Centaurea or something else I can't remember, Petunia, (you can't see it) but Alamo Fire bluebonnets, Laurentia, and then at the very top is Asperula.
This one isn't fully open, but I like the color
I'd like to take credit for being an expert Dahlia grower, but these really were VERY easy. Aside from the one pot I left in full sun (which almost died - don't do that) They've been basically on my front porch the whole time.
This is a pot with a plumeria in it, but I decided to plant a bunch of annuals as well. I can't wait until they all bloom. From left to right - Centaurea or something else I can't remember, Petunia, (you can't see it) but Alamo Fire bluebonnets, Laurentia, and then at the very top is Asperula.
Here is my first Asperula flower bud

1 comment:
A little bit of water be it rain or just sprinkled really enhance the natural beauty and color...... lovely! ~ bangchik at blotanical
Post a Comment