Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Here's another one, Zinnia, Acacia Tree, Hyacinth Bean Vine

Here are some pictures of plants i've started from seed this Spring.



Zinnia - Green Envy
Here is what it is supposed to look like when it's mature ---->

Week "one"


week 3

Week 4: 

 Week 6?

At this point, the zinnia sits outside 24/7. It hasn't been truly hot here in Austin yet, but this week it is supposed to get up in the 90's, so we'll see if I need to move it into shade. I have been spraying with weak miracle gro

Most recent picture (6/24/08)

I had to stake them to thin bamboo because they were falling over. It's been hot here so far, (8-9 + days of 95-100+ temps with little rain) but these rarely need any water! These are definitely on the list for next year
more to come...




Purple Hyacinth Bean Vine - Dolichos lablab luna rubi  

Week "one"


This one got decapitated in an unfortunate gardening accident. I have another one growing though that was of the same age. It looks basically like this still for week 3, but the first true leaves are a little bigger
more to come...

Week 4:

Week 6?

It's starting to grow its first tendril? I think that's what you call it. It seems to be growing more slowly than the package let on, but it might not be getting enough sun. Slowly but surely, right?
 
I've stopped counting the weeks.

Sweet Acacia - Acacia farnesiana

Week "one" - there are 2-3 saplings in each container. Sorry this picture isnt closer up. I took the seeds from a lone Acacia tree I found on the UT Austin campus, over by ENS and Woolrich - a very cool tree.










Week 4: Those two leaf sets on top are new this week. Last week, there was only one leaf set

I don't even know what week this next one is. It's probably 2 months old or so. I actually had to give it a bigger pot because it was becoming root-bound! The stem is looking a little bark-y so I guess that's a good sign

Most recent picture:
more to come...

No comments: