Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Untitled


I don't really have anything of interest to say - I just wanted to post some recent pictures
 
Ipomoea batatas Ornamental Sweet Potato. It started flowering last week. I love the flowers and how the lighter shade of purple contrasts with the deep purple of new leaf growth 

 
Evolvulus Blue Daze. The silvery-green foliage is beautiful with the blue flowers
Mandevilla I think it's Alice duPont but i'm not sure. I had it planted where it got full sun in the afternoon and it was really struggling. I moved it to a pot on my patio where it gets indirect sunlight and it's really taken off.

Another Ipomoea batatas flower

Fireman's cap at Shoal Creek Nursery. I thin it's Erythrina crista-galli or something to that effect. It's a tree with beautiful coral flowers

Mandevilla again
Posted by Picasa

 

 
I was at Chuy's last week in Round Rock and I spotted this unknown plant. If anyone knows what it is, I'd be greatly appreciative

5 comments:

Annie in Austin said...

Hello sjp8987,

Your mystery plant at Chuy's is a vine, right? In the photo it looks like a clematis - the Sweet Autumn clematis are mostly still blooming, so maybe it's the native one called Old Man's Beard.

The fireman's helmet always looks so cool - some year I'm going to try it.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

S said...

Annie, Thank you so much! I do believe it is Old Man's beard. I am thinking of collecting some seeds from it next time I am at Chuys since I am there almost every week! haha. Are those fuzzy things the seeds? Does it root easily in water?

Rock rose said...

It is interesting what you say about Mandevilla. Mine is looking quite sick and it receives the full blast of afternoon sun. Hope it's not to late to move it but I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

S said...

Oh I'm sure it's not too late. It sort of just sat there doing nothing for a while, but it is growing really fast and flowering like crazy!

Signe said...

Yoy have some beautiful pictures here. I like wery much the Ipomoea Batatas :))